Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Bathtub Post




Why is it that kids and art and baths just go together? At least they do at our house. The first letter Marissa wrote and the first self-portrait she ever drew were done in the bathtub! There was no way to keep the cherished artwork.
Last night in the bathtub Marissa drew on the tub wall and when I asked her why she was scribbling (I expected to hear that she just wanted to see the colors or something like that) she told me "I'm not scribbling."
"What is it?" I asked.
"This is the wind," she told me very seriously.
"I love it," I told her. And I really did. I know my daughter. I know her spirit. I understand her sensitivities.
I could feel the wind.
I'm so honored and blessed that she is here to blow the wind in my face and sing music to my ears.

No comments: