Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Dollar


I just love the way kids reason!


Ever since Brandon and Dawn were married, Marissa has been planning her wedding. She thinks of every detail. I, by the way, am the flower girl.
When we were out yesterday, she looked at some houses we were passing and asked, "Do people live there?" "Yes, they do," I told her. She wasn't happy about my answer. "If people live in all the houses, how will I find a house to live in someday when I get married?" We talked about how when people don't want to live in a house anymore they move. We discussed the process. After I told her that people put signs in their front yard showing that their house is for sale, she was excited to be able to identify when a house was available to buy. After we talked about making an offer, she said, "Well, I'll tell them I want to pay one dollar!"


Okay, she doesn't quite get it yet, but am I proud of my little bargain-hunter? You bet!

No comments: