Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Daughter







Okay...this post isn't about Marissa, but my other daughter...my first daughter, Jaime. Jaime is the daughter who taught me to be a mother. Jaime is the daughter who, although we are very different in our lives now, still loves me as much as she needs the breath that sustains her. Has she told me this? No. But I know. Jaime is the daughter who shares my creative spirit, who, although her interests are "darker" than mine, we both must write to feel in tune with who we were created to be. I love her...so much! I am blessed to be called her mom. I was blessed to carry her in my womb. I was blessed that although she was "unexpected" and came early in life, we were able in a way to grow up together. It is a shame that she had such a young mother, but then, if life had not happened the way it did, neither of us would be who we are now. I love her no matter what. I love her despite herself and despite me. We share a love to create, to make something from nothing, to bring others together. To make change. Jaime, I believe in YOU. Bring the best of our journeys together out in your work. Bring the best of who you are. You were created for a purpose. Let others see it.

No comments: