Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Things That Matter

This morning I was so blessed to have talked to both my daughters by 10:00 AM. Of course, I was able to see Marissa's beautiful face early this morning, but when Jaime called early this morning, I was wonderfully blessed. Jaime talked of happy childhood memories and of trying to arrange a Christmas or Thanksgiving trip to be with us. Marissa let us talk quite a while. She loves her big sister. They weren't raised together, but share a bond that has tightened despite not seeing each other much due to distance. God is love and He sends us His love in many ways each day. Today He blessed me with a "daughter morning" and my day is strengthened and brightened because of it. I love you, Jaime. I love you, Marissa. You are both special blessings in my life.

No comments: