Thursday, February 26, 2009

Joy Continues

Today I wanted to post two pictures that capture the vibrancy God wove into the personalities of our girls. Each of them is so unique; just as we all are. For God has made us to be special for the purposes He has set for us in this world.
So many people have been praying for us. Thank you for ALL your prayers. God is holding us close to Himself, for He is close to the broken-hearted.
In one of our older posts (maybe 1/6 or so) I wrote about joy. I want to testify that joy does continue. Our joy through the Lord cannot be stripped away. Our hearts are battered, our joy is intact. God has shown us His face in that what we believed by faith before with our whole hearts has become flesh. God is faithful and everything in His word is true. He carries you with a supernatural strength and power that can only come from His hands. His care to us is as personal as he has made each of us unique. He alone knows our intimate needs and administers just what we need to get through the pain, but no more, lest we rely on ourselves and our own strength.
Believe, believe. If you never have, let yourself surrender to the peace of the Lord, the strength that comes only from Him. The tender mercies that are indeed, new every morning, and make me want to get up and see what He has in store, even through this sad season of my life. For I am still joyful and He is where I find my strength, and am sustained, and can laugh and play, and live and see all that God still has to offer. For there is much, and I am thankful.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these pictures and I am glad to know there is joy for you still!

Unknown said...

Terri, your faith is an inspiration to us all. We still pray and think of you often. Hope to see you soon.