Thursday, January 8, 2009

Through The Eyes of A 4-Year Old


I love being an older mom! I really do. Things that used to matter don't bother me at all. Things that didn't seem like such a big deal before matter a whole lot more now.
While walking through the entryway earlier I saw something on the light switch. I looked closer and saw that the object was a beaded "Hello Kitty" ring. It was wrapped around the little light switch like a Christmas tree decoration. I left it alone. When Marissa's grown and there's no longer "reminders" of her through the house, I'll miss these sweet gestures of childhood. I know. I've been there, remember? Her brother and sister are grown and gone. She allows me to remember their childhoods again while basking in hers.
The photos on the blog are photos Marissa takes randomly in a day. Although these aren't the best of her photographs because Mom's too lazy to download more pictures...okay, that's not really true...Mom's never learned to do it and she doesn't want to bother Daddy right now. Anyway, the point is, I love looking at what she deemed important enough to keep in print. In her case, what this child of the new century, has deemed important enough to grace the digital photo file in her camera.
Enjoy...and look at the photos through the eyes and mind of a four-year-old. By the way, the fuzzy photo was Marissa experimenting with her fingers.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How true this really is. Time brings us a deeper appreciation of childhood and its passing! Cute picts!