Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This Is How We Go On

For those who don't know, we lost our precious daughter, Jaime - Marissa's cherished sister Monday. Jaime passed away and will always remain "forever young." People are asking how we are doing...how are we moving forward. It is purely the grace of God. He is wrapping us in a supernatural comfort that passes understanding. But, oh, God...how we miss her. I want my daughter back! Children are never supposed to go before their parents! But we live in a broken world. We are comforted by the truth that we all have an appointed time to pass from this world...we just grieve that this was Jaime's time. Our precious Jaime. The loving, strong relationship between my girls is no more. I grieve not only for the loss of my daughter, my first born, but for the end of the sisterly bond that was such a sweet part of my life. I grieve for Marissa and what she has lost...playmate, coach, friend, confidant...everything a sister is and can be was packed into the short time my girls shared. Oh, God, please let Marissa remember her sister. Jaime, my Jaime Girl, we MISS you SO much!! I want a Jaime-hug. I want to see your "light-up-a-room" smile, I want to hear your voice. I want to kiss you. I want you here...but I know you are in a perfect place now. I know God has already been glorified in your death, but that's a testimony for another time... Jaime, I know you know how cherished you are. I know you know how your little sister looked up to you. I know you were one of the biggest blessings in our lives. I know you are in a better place. Fly, Jaime, in a way you never could have in this imperfect world. Give Jesus a hug for me. Give Him a hug for Marissa. Tell Him we trust Him to care for you in a way that couldn't be done here. Now you have no more clotting disorder to cause you pain. You are FREE. Oh, Jaime...my Jaime...our Jaime...His Jaime.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Oh no, no...I am so sorry. There are no words to tell you how deeply heartbroken I am for the loss of your precious daughter, Jaime. I can't even see to type. I am so sorry, I had no idea at all...

May God be ever so near to you all in this season of sorrow. May He bring comforters around you and bathe you in His tender mercies.

I am sending you a hug and crying with you as a mother.

Unknown said...

Terri- This is a beautiful tribute to both your girls. Peace be with you.

BA said...

Terri--My heart and prayers are with you and your family! I am shaking just reading your post I can not imagine what you are going through but want you to know we are with you in spirit and prayer!

Wish I could reach through the computer and hug you and Marissa our LSWI sister.

My Ava lost her Grandmother almost 2 years ago--I know it is not anywhere the same as a sister--but I am constantly amazed at the beautiful things she recalls and the beautiful tributes she plans herself to honor her Grandmother--I'm sure you will see the same in Marissa!

I wish there were some way to help other than letting you know we are here praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Terri,

I first read this post at 2:00 a.m. or thereabouts.

All day you have come to my mind. I have prayed for you in the hours since I read about your daughter, Jaime. I will continue to remember your family in my prayers. Please know I am thinking of you all.

Auntbk said...

I love you my sister Terri. You have such a God given talent with your writing. I am crying because of "our" loss of Jaime. I understand the special bond that we have as sisters. I wish that they could of had many, many more years to enjoy building a relationship with each other. May God bless you Terri and Gene for your loss of Jaime Kay. I love you.

Cindy said...

Terri, I love you so much. I am so sorry that you are enduring this pain. Just remember that all good things come in Gods time. One day we will all be reunited. Just as you welcomed Jamie into your life 29 years ago with open arms, she will one day welcome you with open arms. I do believe that you will then receive your Jaime hug again. Jaime will never be forgotten and each time her name is spoken or read, she is remembered. This tribute is one of the most loving things that you could do, for Jaime, Marissa and yourself. Again I love you, and I am praying for your entire family.